The craft may have started with male voices ... but it's likely a female was standing behind each of them ... pushing & encouraging them to et up sing. While women seem to fall for a guy who sings to them ... I don't know of any instances where the reverse took place. Or at least none that were interesting enough to write a movie script for!
I am am a big fan of a handful of men's BBS quartets and I always look forward to seeing & hearing the Dapper Dans when we are in the Disneyland park. They are not the cream of the crop- but they are certainly a respectful & talented representation of this cappella music style. In this case ... I was also drawn to their costuming... ever so typical for the musicality of their trade. A few years back, I was part of a quartet that used the stripes & 4 complimenting colors for some of it's outfitting as well. When I saw the guys this week... it brought back some very fond memories of that combo of women!
FROM the magical world of Mickey & Minnie- the Captain and I moved onward to a coaching weekend for the chorus I'm a member of. The Central Coast Celebration Chorus (CCCC) ... sporting it's signature hot pink, we were in the company of the husband & wife BAKER winning team (& they BOTH have plenty of gold medal-blue ribbons to prove it!) Through 10+ hours of aching feet, throbbing lower backs, & full bladders ... the chorus moved ever closer to medals themselves in the upcoming March regional competition. These two take no prisoners, and as the session progressed, their tongues sharpened and their expectations of what the chorus is capable of continues to rise accordingly.
HOW MUCH we will retain as we come together again for our regular Tuesday night rehearsal- remains to be seen ... but personally, I have ALREADY sent out a reminder of what WE should expect from ourselves!! NO steps backward, only forward... however small ... ONLY forward from here on out. We need to pull up our big girl panties and march toward competition with a vengeance and a commitment to be present, to be ready, to be at the top of our game. It's truly a team event- there is no one person that can win the blue for us ... but there are 27 individuals that can lose it .... if they don't prepare. I'm counting on each and every one of them, & I want them to know they can count on me!!
GO FOR THE GOLD ladies .... to aim for anything less than that is letting yourself down!!


No comments:
Post a Comment