Saturday, February 15, 2014

Halmark thoughts of love

 I read the words aloud from card #1 and had a shower of tears to deal with.  Once recovered, with the help of a long hug and a few kisses sprinkles across my freckled nose- the first words from the Captain were "this card stole the thoughts right out of my head"!  And indeed it did....as they were things he says to me on a regular basis.  He does not save them for candle-lit dinners or special holidays!
They are words and thoughts that come from his heart.  Oh sure, there are times when he expresses them a bit less poetically- but their meaning are NO LESS powerful or appreciated in any way.  He is a prince among husbands, as MANY would fully agree and have no challenge.  I am truly blessed that he loves me 100% of the time for 99.9% of everything I bring to our union.  He will profess that it includes that last .1%, but I know better- particularly now... as I can be more impatient with life than ever before.  I am unrelentful in my quest for simplicity of conversation at times.  I can be moody.  But in the end ... most importantly- he knows I adore him in every way possible and I could NEVER expect more of him than he puts forth.  HE IS my daily reminder that GOOD things happen to good people too!!
ODDLY, he is the more romantic 1/2 of our duo ... much to my appreciation (& sometime HIS frustration)- and I could never lack affection or proof of his devotion, even in my darkest of times.  The fact that he has found ways (and cards) to speak his heartfelt emotions is daily proof how how lucky I have been in love!  For me, for US- Valentines Days is celebrated every day together!!

No comments: