Tuesday, March 11, 2014

R-E-A-L housewife .... IS THERE one such thing??

This is NOT the first time I've used RH as the subject of my blog (and likely not the last) ...  I make no bones about the fact that I am enslaved to what they might do or say next.  They amuse me!  I'm neither embarrassed, nor do I feel a need to justify using space on my DVR to record the show.  Let's face it, it's a cheap thrill.
The cast as a whole is still a head scratcher to me.  I have the occasional jaw drop, I've added my unsolicited opinion to their conversations,  my eyes roll, and yes ... I laugh (out loud) during each and every episode.  I have allegiance to none, although more interest in some than others.  Some are an enigma to me.  In their arguments, they are  surprised how one or more of them have changed through a circumstance or season...but as an observer outside the circle, I find that the basics of what makes each of the personalities what they are ... they haven't really changed at all.  Those that lash, those that grudge, those that avoid, those put on aires ..... still do, although PERHAPS not as seamlessly as they once did- since they've all been called out on it at some time or another.  Can I find one good thing about each of them?  probably.  Could I find one thing I find interesting about each of them. definitely.  Do I identify with any one of them?  not really.  Is there one of them in particular that I would choose to meet if given the opportunity?  YES.  (any guesses??)  Do I have enough in common to at least carry on a two sided conversation for more than a few minutes?  I DON'T KNOW!!!  - but OH ... how I would LOVE to sit on the sidelines for a few days to watch & listen.  That would be a once in a lifetime experience I could totally go for!!
THIS IS NOT the learning channel.  the discovery channel.  National Geographic, or family TV ... but it sizzles like a cooking show.  It heats up or ices down like a weather station.  It's the soap opera of Beverly Hills life.  And boy oh boy, it repeats history the way only human beings can do so well!! BRING ON THE REUNION!!!

No comments: