ken
ken/
noun
- 1.one's range of knowledge or sight."such determination is beyond my ken"
synonyms: knowledge, awareness, perception, vision, understanding, grasp,comprehension, realization, appreciation, consciousness More
verb
SCOTTISHN. ENGLISH
- 1.know."d'ye ken anyone who can boast of that?"as the Captain and I awaited the arrival of our Lil Bits breakfast entree's ... he was reading the newspaper, with an occasional glance in my direction as I played a game of Words With Friends (I usually have 25-30 games in progress). I mentioned to him that it was surprising that so many "names" were acceptable words-and pointed out that his name was one of them. OF COURSE that prompted him to look up it's meaning (above). This definition is the spitting image of my husband ... SO MUCH SO that the dictionary should have his picture parked next to it!!I'm aware that there are parents-to-be that take a great deal of time choosing names for their meanings... beit numerology, family origins, or it's rhythm or appearance with the last name. In this case ... his parents "just liked" the name. But MAN-O-MAN... how could they have nailed it any better(????) I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around it myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment