when there are times when I'm not feeling so funny. when the pain in my body pulls my thoughts and emotions so far inward that my words are limited and my smile seems tattoo'd on, those around me are at a loss. Through the months since my cancer diagnosis, I've gone through changes above & beyond those visually obvious. This "sentence" has changed my priorities. Chemo has changed my taste buds. The drugs, the routine - have changed ME. In a physical way to be sure ... but also in an emotional way. How could it not? I am not quite as cheerful. Not quite as silly. Not quite as optimistic. BUT I AM ... still VERY thankful & appreciative of every moment, every day, every little memory or adventure I am able to wrack up- until too much changes me. I'm not giving up- I am simply giving in to the changes I don't have as much control over as I wish I did. |
No comments:
Post a Comment