Sunday, August 30, 2009

annoying .. TOTALLY annoying!!

The public has long complained about TV commercials. Partly because they have more screen time than any show you are watching & partly because of how they target an audience. HOW STUPID do they think we are??! The Allstate commercial portrays the company as ever-so- thoughtful in their decision to give a discount to New Car buyers (boosted by the cash for clunkers program) and in plain view is the fine print that they do NOT offer it to California and yet ... the commercial is taking up my time, wasting my cable dollars while it PLAYS THE COMMERCIAL IN CALIFORNIA!! Who, in their right mind, are going to "pump up the volume" of their artificial lashes ! Or that the gal on the wrinkle cream commercial is a day over 23??!!
Now I admit, that there ARE TIMES when I see the Carl's Jr 6 dollar burger commercial and it does put me in the mood for a sloppy burger (and once, we DID have it for dinner that night) but more often, I make mention of what was part of a commercial and not even remember the product at all! The ultimate insult is print ads for "full figured" clothing that uses LESS THAN FULL FIGURED models for the merchandise. Add to that - the clothes are hanging off the inappropriate sized models so everything is baggy & frumpy. I want neither!!!! Soap box Sunday is over :o)

No comments: