Sunday, August 2, 2009

timing ISSSSSSS everything!

I know, I KNOW .... "they" say that it is location, location, location but I KNOW better. It's the timing.
there was boy, my best friend at the time. We spent time with each other nearly every day for 2 years (at least) .... even if it was just signaling each other from our bedroom windows. We would go out together (even proms) when we were both "unattached" at the same time, but they weren't considered dates. We teased about being attached at the hip and there were people that each of us dated that seemed threatened by our friendship. Once, we kissed and then we looked at each other and started laughing. I'm not sure why. It was actually a good kiss. Maybe because it was so out of character for the "friendship". One night he came over & seemed to stutter & stammer. At some point I interupted him and told him that I was promised to the guy I had been dating for the past 5 months. The stammering stopped. The stuttering stopped. He just looked at me. And he trotted off with a wave. I found out 2 or 3 days later, when I went to his house to find out where he'd been hiding himself ..... that he left for boot camp the day after I'd last seen him. We crossed paths about 10 years later- both VERY married, and realized that he had come to tell me something important that night. Something that, had the timing been different, would likely have changed the course of my life.
Timing.
The only job I have ever loved from the day I stepped into it - was a result of timing. Being gifted with my Captain was timing. Finding this home I feel totally connected to was a matter of .... timing.
and still
NOT EVERYTHING is a result of timing right? Is there some destiny or fate involved on some level? Do we learn from past lives that allow us better future ones? Do we keep coming back and doing it until we get it right? (like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day)
For now, I want to keep it simpler. After outing the bedlight last night I looked to see if the moon was shining on the water yet (not quite) and I layed my head down. Seconds later I lifted my head and looked out the window again (for?) just in time to see a deer & small doe or fawn trot by AND an instant of a glisten on the water. It was there .... for me to see. Just an instant. A very small snipit of time for me to take to slumber with me. Timing WAS everything!!

No comments: