Saturday, August 8, 2009
now "that's" a real BBQ
usually once a year our neighborhood gathers together for a BBQ. We each bring a side dish or appetizer or such & pitch in a few bucks for tri-tip, beens, & garlic bread that is whipped up by some friends of one of the neighbors. WHAT A SPREAD it turns out to be. We see faces of those we wave at without really know where they live or what their names are ..... we gab with those we have slowly gotten to know enough to remember their names ..... we reconnect with those we wait waaaaay too long in between to socialize with .... and we eat (and eat, and eat). There are unique concoctions. There are interesting ones (to look at but not necessarily try). There are yummy ones I make a mental note of. There are pretty ones I would take a picture of if I had my camera. And there are the ones you hope will show up again. The conversations are lively & interesting, and you can make yourself a part of any one of them. The phrase "we should do this more often" is heard more time than I can keep track of and yet this is the 5th one in 5 years. The weather alsways seems to be on its best behavior when the event rolls around and this year was no exception. So with my tummy full & the warm clear night watching over me, I think I shall take a look at the starry night and the full(ish) moon before I settle in for the night. Tomorrow, I am going to dig out some fabric cuz I feel a sewing bug coming on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment