I can't believe it !
If I wasn't saying it MYSELF about MYSELF, I would say ... SHUT UP!!
I dont' what's gotten into me this year. I have been ready to decorate for Christmas for over a week. SO FAR ... I am being good & keeping it to the fall/Thanksgiving thing (and I do soooo love the fall colors too) but the urge .... the constant pull of Christmas is wearing me down! I can guarantee that I will be doing just that the day after Thanksgiving! I have had to put away the little trinkets that I have picked up here & there .... because seeing them was almost painful (really) - like those black patent leather shoes I wanted for sooooooo long (and I never did get them by the way) I have decided to even put a funky white tree in my craft room since I spend so much time in there anyway ..... my mind is honing in on the boxes of Christmas decorations that are in the attic of the garage (thankfully) .... ummmm do I have this and will I find that ...
I have several Christmas tree themes to choose from. I don't usually even decide which one I am in the mood for til a couple days before we start hauling them down. Even then ... I still want to look thru nearly every one of the 20+ boxes in case there is something I want to put on my desk at work or downstairs in Pop's place. And this year is no different.
I have already warned the Captain that he will be decorating the exterior on Friday (if I can manage to wait past Thursday afternoon). Our neighbors are ON TOP OF THINGS each year so we told them we are tryin' to keep up with the O'Briens this year.
Well .... talking about it has actually made me feel a little more in control so I am going to turn off my decorating urges for now & watch a movie with the Captain.
No comments:
Post a Comment