Thursday, May 27, 2010

a love letter to my Captain

minutes ago .... I was locking up, tucking in the kittys & saying my nite-nites to my travelling Captain - with full intent of hitting the sack & reading a bit. My brain is a little more tired than usual tonight. My cool pillows & Kindle sounded REALLY good. But as I entered the dark bedroom, I could see some flashing lights outside, and remembered hearing some sirens a few minutes earlier- so I went out on the lanai to check it out. There is something big (and maybe messy) going on with traffic. THIS is when I noticed how spooky the moon looked. It's full, round sphere was interupted by jagged threads of dark clouds, and there were spotlights created on the ocean surface. How beautiful. So, off I go to get my camera .... without luck of catching it before the next collection of clouds covered it's glow completely. I waited patiently ...... and with some time, the traffic was also beginning to thin out. The red lights stopped blinking. and then ..... crunch, crinkle, crash and all the noise & flashing started up again. Only this time, yards from our view (except that there are trees & such between us & "it") .... So I have been out a few times to see if the cloud cover has thinned, still hoping to take some moon shots, and I find that the sandman must have left to keep another appt. Sitting here, I started thinking about my absent hubby and how, with all the excitement & in particular .... the groovyness of the moon, he was the first one I wanted to share it with. It makes me miss him even more. So I titled this my love letter to him but I suppose it's really just the written note of ANOTHER time I have thought of him today. One of many. and I had a LOT of many. I miss him & I love him !!! (aren't I lucky?!!!)

No comments: