Sunday, December 18, 2011

ahhh ... the early AM solace

It's been a while since I was up this ealy, rising ahead of the sun- that is if I wasn't catching a plane! I cleaned the litter boxes, folded & put away the last few things that have been sitting in the laundry basket for a couple of days, then settled here at my design table to go thru 2 days of mail. I purposely have avoided feeded the felines because they would no longer be sitting within reach staring at me, For now, I can choose to believe they just want to be near me! The 46 degree chill has kicked the heater on and it gently sways the chimes dangling from the ceiling. The orchestral melody dances thru the room daintily. A forgotten brandy glass sits aside my keyboard .... filled, not with spirits of alcohol but with that of the holidays. Battery operated lights glow amongst the shiney globes & allow me to see the keyboard I now tap upon. Last year, I actually set the lights of my craftroom tree to be on when I got up to to this very job. Nowadays ...... I usually arise long after the sun has made it's appearance. The very sun that now encroaches on the peaceful slumber of the Captain .... I hear him stirring. As day breaks, the magic that was mine begins to fade and I see 2 options for this moment. tuck myself back between the covers or brew a cup of coffee. hmmmmmm

No comments: