Sunday, December 25, 2011

a white elephant that's brown & pink

Our chorus recently had a holiday gathering that included munchies, comraderie, and ... a white elephant auction. ALong came a GREEN package smaller than a bread box, bigger than a lunch box, tied up merrily with a sparkly gold bow. After some negotiating, I was the proud owner of said package. I announced that I would NOT be opening it at the party, as it was the Captains favorite color & would be placed under our tree at home, with his name attached. The bearer of the gift laughed & reminded me of the "white elephant" concept, and I just figured it would be good for a laugh come Christmas day. It was not.
IT WAS BETTER than a laugh. There was an ahhhhhh instead! The Captain removed this fuzzy little bear gingerly, wound it's base and set it atop the foot stool. With a stitch here & a tuck there .... she is good as new ... and waiting for Addy. She'll love it! (thanks Debby)

No comments: