Wednesday, December 28, 2011
just because I've never seen it .....
I'm not what one might call a religious person. I have beliefs. I have opinions when others discuss their beliefs. But there are times in my life when I have relied on possibilities rather than actualities, and it comes back to that saying that's heard in a few of the movies this time of year .... just because you've never seen it/him/one ... doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you are grading on a curve- I'm a really good person.... I take responsibility for my shortcomings or mistakes, I say please & thank you, I perform random acts of kindness. I don't ask for help or favors unless I really need to. And sometimes the "help" I need is more of a spiritual nature. By that, I mean that I am talking/asking/pleading/venting/whatever ... to a higher entity. Someone or something I can't see or feel. I don't expect a voice to answer me, a hand to come down & guide me .... I don't even expect a "sign" of any kind (although I've asked). Most of these times I am really only speaking to myself, my own inner spirit- perhaps flushing out the demons of negative thinking, giving myself a fresh start, allowing myself a good cry to get over or get passed something. Maybe it's really just an elaborate thought process on my part. I don't have the answers and I am skeptical of anyone who claims they do. What I do know is that there are times in our lives when we have to believe in "something" that's not tangible ... beit luck, or fate or destiny or karma or God. It's what gives us hope. (& the rabbits foot thing doesn't seem to be working)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment