Thursday, April 19, 2012

NEW FINDINGS; heart attack linked to tax procrastination ...

I don't get it. EVEN IF you know you are going to owe money & don't wanna pay it until the last minute .... wouldn't you wanna know how much so you can be prepared??! When I was single, I took steps to make sure I wouldn't be owing as of Uncles Sam's Give me your money day, & my A-type husband takes a look at things quarterly to break even (or start to plan what he's gonna spend the refund on). BUT, here we were , April 17th (that's 2 extra days folks) and people all around me were talking about those who were sitting somewhere having their taxes done that very moment (and, in some cases, NOT where they should have been if they had planned better). I love the explanations I hear! ie: 1. I've been working on them for weeks (uh, is your time not worth anything? IF YOU pay someone to do them & their done in a couple of days, doesn't that make more sense that taking weeeeeeeeks to do them?? AND- how many weeks? The year is practically 1/3 gone already. 2. EVERY year it seems like it takes me even longer to get all my info together to take to the accountant. hmmm, think there might be a better way to file your tax pertinent receipts, etc?? OH, AND MY FAVORITE 3. I've been arguing with the IRS since LAST year because they don't understand that my 3 (GROWN) adult children (and their significant others) are still living at home and are TOTALLY dependant on me .... that's why I claim them!!!! (before you ask, yes- she's blonde)
HONESTLY, I'm not pointing fingers here, I'm just scratching my head. I'm sure there are some perfectly good reasons for waiting to get a round "tuit" (sorry Jane, I had to put that in)- Unless you were in a Mexican jail, a coma, or sold into slave trade .... I'm just not sure I understand your procrastination!

No comments: