Saturday, April 28, 2012

when modern medicine is "on call"

Right now .... I'm thinking leeches.  Or maybe an exorcism is what we need.   The power of positive thinking sometimes does the trick. 
CERTAINLY, scratching one's head can NOT be the answer I'm looking for (?)  Make up something doc, invent a new disease to match the symptoms .... at least let me get all the way home, into the house, boot up my computer & launch GOOGLE, before I find out you  were on a mental vacation!  For the moment (well, 4 days worth of moments) I will let you have your fun with ANOTHER series of fasting blood tests .... even though EVERYONE agrees .... Pa does not have a decent vein left without calling in a team of people to help, & then lets do a cat sacn .... since he averages at least 7 xrays a year already ... just so you can write something different on the lab order for a change.  We get it.  And besides- we pay you the same amount whether you give us a diagnosis or not right?!  No rush .... he's only 88.   At least you didn't tell him to take an aspirin & call you in the morning.  (oh yeah ... that would mean you'd have to come in on the weekend.  I understand.  good one!

No comments: