Location:Mattie Rd,Pismo Beach,United States
Thursday, February 7, 2013
By the dawn's too early light
For SOME Reason ... this morning's early rise was predicted. Beit the music played, rewound, played in my head ... the John Krazinski featured dream, the unexpected (on my part) rain- the alteration in home-front schedules, or the rum-soaked bread pudding I had at 7pm last night ... I do not know.... but here I sit, afore the fireplace, kittys purring with delight at the conclusion of a still-dark-in-the-kitchen breakfast & thoughts of settling a toasty mat before the day even begins. Life has been pretty quiet here the last 3 days, with the Capt suffering from his 2nd cold in as many months. In pure frustration, since having not been this indisposed (twice) in probably 8 or 9 years, save for a hernia surgery & a trick back here & there. For those of us that the common cold is routine at least once a year ... it's business as usual (and sometimes a couple of days of welcomed TLC) .. for the Capt - ONLY an opportunity to fall behind on playtime & left brain projects! His sleep pattern is erratic, making mine less than ideal, & my chores have been delegated to be those more silent. The TV remains comatose, the car full of electricity, the front lawn in need of mowing, and my scraping in severe neglect. While Poki revels in the fact that he has a near-constant sleep mate, I am beside myself in anxiety over having "lost" a program that seems to open up everything I need. With the click of a button .. I am at a standstill for much of what I need to catch up, after a 10 day craft room absence. As a newly resurfaced MAC user ... I have to think about my keystrokes and do some experimenting, since my mentor is currently unavaliable for comment or instruction. OOPS, to say the least. However, in the meantime ... laundry & mopping is up to date, a box has been filled for Goodwill, & I'm actually reading FEBRUARY issues of my magazines! I have 14 games of WWF in progress, 9 Dice with Friends, 3 Draw Something, 5 Song Pops, 2 Hanging, 5 Scramble, & I'm making money in the Hello Kitty Cafe (don't ask).... So, I could whine, pout, grumble & even give myself a swift kick .. but then again, I bet I could find a litter box in need of scooping. Besides .. maybe Clara Barton waved her magic white cape over my husband during the night & this will be day 1 of recovery ??!! hmmm ... did I turn the coffee pot on yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment