Sunday, February 24, 2013

the inner circle ....

Many people have wandered in & out of my life ...  close friendships that meant a lot to me ... and were a  disappointment when distance separated us.  As the age gap between my sisters & I narrowed, they too became trusted friendships.  But time & circumstances have changed the relationships between us as well and we are back to being sisters moreover.  Life's needs and priorities change with maturity and I've discovered that fine line between having friends and having real friendships.  I am most thankful to have found the latter at a point in my life when I can truly appreciate them.  Instead of having a significant number of friends, with most populating the outer 3rd circle, a few mid circle residents and a couple who seem to wander back & forth .... I have a full circle that I hold close to my heart.  They are the ones who listen long before they speak, who share & even relish in any joy I wish to share.  They are there in the shadows, not waiting for me to ask ... but stepping in because they know I probably won't.  They are forgiving even in the most awkward of moments & understanding even when their opinions differ greatly.  They love me because I am with faults, knowingly.  They are those who's hugs I can feel even through a text or an email.  I am so blessed for such a wide & strong inner circle.... I love them all, and they KNOW who they are!!

No comments: