Thursday, October 3, 2013

it's not ALWAYS about the toes ... (just mostly)

someone commented on a FB posting of mine, that I must like my toes, since I often post pictures of them.  It's one of those instances where what one sees when taking a picture is not necessarily what another perceives when viewing it.
I whole heartedly agree that I commonly snap & post photos of my feet.  PLEASE note, that they are always in a "relaxed" position and usually wearing my favorite shoes ... which is none-at-all!  I see them as the fore-drop of my environment at that moment in time, rather than a picture of my feet.  BUT .... let me also mention here, that I have taken FAR MORE pictures of flowers over the years ... so my footsies play a distant 2nd fiddle.
That being said - I have inserted a greater number of pics than usual in this particular blog post because I have been remiss in my publishing responsibilities, and a lot has been going on!!  SO though my norm is generally to focus in on one topic or snipit of time ... I am breaking out of the mold, to catch up !!
I have continued my quest for flowers that speak to me ... and that is not likely to change any time soon.  I click off  FAR
MORE photos than I keep (thank gosh for digital!!!)- but if you are not into flora .... then some posts with be a visual "blah-blah-blah" for you.  Regressing a bit- I will NEVER post a picture of my feet if I am not in a good place physically, emotionally, or mentally- so if you see my feet, you can bet, it's a GOOD day!  Having said that, I would like to officially thank everyone who commented about my finger being in the FB pics I posted yesterday.  Using my phone as a (dare I say) "camera" makes it soooooo easy to do that, but honestly, I did NOT preview what I was posting (#1 excuse), I was out in the BIGHT sunlight & couldn't see the screen very well (#2)
and .... (#3 & final) .... with a display the size of a business card- I'm not sure I would even notice the flesh colored personal accoutrement anyway!!  OILWELL.  I relished the half hour I was totally alone at the pool, and even afterward when only 1 other person arrived (nice lady).  I swam a few laps which felt great, daydreamed uninterrupted, & captured my surroundings on my phone.  what's not to like?
Low & behold ... shortly before we left home, we found out that sister Cindy's partner in work-crime (so to speak) was also due here a few days after us, for a valuable (too few) days of TOTAL relaxation with his wife Barbara.  They set up a time/place in advance to meet us for dinner & we spent over 2 hours talking story & celebrating BOTH the Lee anniversary (28 yrs) & the Irwins' #14 !!  The food was wonderful, the company very comfortable & the atmosphere at "Tidepools" restaurant quite lovely!!  It was an unexpected pleasure and we are likely to return there ourselves on subsequent trips back to Kauai!! (note to self)
Of course our trip has NOT been without a bit of shopping (duh .. the Captain came with me).  Already listed as a must before arriving was a peek at the Harley shop for a new T (or 3).  Mission accomplished, along with one for the Capt's brudduh.
The Captain is often the instigator for a shopping excursion ... and this time it took much of the day with it's primary target being our grandkids.  They love receiving mail... so an actual package is frosting on the postal cake!!  We made good use of flat rate shipping and their individual boxes were stuffed!  The rule being- if you can get the box shut ... it doesn't matter how overstuffed it is (YAY)  The kids love ANYTHING we send ... but it still takes us hours to decide what it should be!!
FOR THE FIRST TIME since mom & dad both stopped coming with us (or vise versa to be more correct) - we shared our home away from home.  This being our good friends Marlo & Helena Beltrano.  Our 10+ yr friendship has bonded above & beyond expectations, as they have proven to be easy travel companions.  After our first week (just the 4 of us), their adorable daughter
Gabby flew in, and they moved into a separate unit to allow more privacy for all ... but we have continued to spend most days & meals together, as their departure is coming up quick (it seems).

We will then have 6 full days as a newlywed couple, and as much as I love sharing "our" Kauai with friends or family ... I cherish the lazy togetherness that we experience during that time.  We do very little driving on those days (or cooking either for that matter) .... it's time on the warm sand for me- reading, wading, journaling, walking, napping, (these days even some texting).  For the captain ... it's hours of water play.  Some snorkeling, some exploring, and lots and LOTS of paddle boarding !! (need you ask?)
We now stand at day 10 with more to open than have already closed.  There is still much to look forward to and yet ... when the time comes to pack up and leave ... we will look forward to being home as well.  HOW MANY people can even say that?  We are lucky in love, lucky in vaca destinations,  lucky to adore where we live & lucky in other ways too numerous to count!

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

In the end sounds like a great time so far. Enjoy as I know u are xoxo