THIS is the look of relaxation. THIS is the look of a laid back disposition.
THIS is me. Feeling the vibes of Hawaii in the way I have ever since I started coming here with the Captain and his parents.EVEN THOUGH I had been to the islands 3 times prior to that ... it was NEVER totally relaxed or laid back, and I can't say I ever actually felt the island vibes. They were just a nice place to visit. But the island girl within me was awakened in 1998 when they were re-introduced to me by people who loved this place, who felt this place, who relished being here. From that visit- it has been part of my soul, and my heart has grown fonder yet over the years. From the moment I am touched by it's warm breezes, I am possessed. I am mo betta.
And so- already 2/3 into our trip ... I am practically a noodle, albeit a carmel colored one. I hear the chants in my head, keeping time with the waves and the roosters. I feel the sand under my feet, even when I am yards from the beach. And I feel the presence of Betty & Bill.... 2 people I could not have loved more if I had been born into the family. They are ALOHA to me, and it lives on through my sweet Captain who is his parents' son and ... most thankfully ... my husband! Mahalo for this life.

No comments:
Post a Comment