Friday, July 31, 2009

the R-E-A-L birthday greeting !!

I know, I KNOW .... I did the "he's turning 30" thing on yesterday's blog but today is REALLY Chris' birthday so I am going to reminisce .... hopefully not at his expense! (LOL)
He was late the day he was born (he usually is) but only by 2 hours & 22 minutes ..... and since I didn't even begin labor til after 10 pm, I can never use the old "long labor" story to get sympathy from him! It was an easy birth (considering the anatomy of it all) & even though he was nearly 9lbs, he was the next to the smallest in the nursery that day .... & all the others were girls. He was a healthy little boy. Soon to be crawling, his chubby little thighs rubbing together. His big brother doted on him & was always kissing & hugging him. He walked early to catch up with his brother & talked late because of him. Barely able to walk, he was the mascot (so to speak) for his brother's AYSO teams til he was old enough to play himself. He insisted on warm ups to match the team and his granny made them up more than once. He contracted a New York accent in the 2nd grade (as did I) and was a hit with the teachers (and girls) with his big green eyes. He was a champion for the underdog (both friend & foe) and did well in every sport he attempted .... although he opted to devote mostly to soccer & baseball and as a result .... MANY people recognized him as "Terry's little brother". As on the day he was born .... he was often surrounded by girls, ever Mr Social Butterfly. He would walk into the middle of a group of strangers (kids) and suddenly be part of a team. He loved to take things apart and put them back together (and sometimes they still worked) When he wanted extra money ... he found a way to earn it. We've got some great entrepeneur (?) stories!! He was at my bedside the day he turned 15+1/2 raring to take a driving test and had his first job a couple days after turning 16. And he has continued to excel and make some really good choices with his life. There are stories that should be on Ellen or Oprah for inspiration or warm fuzzies. He married a strong, independent, smart & beautiful young gal 6 years+ ago & they have my adorable grand daughter & grandson to round out the family. He is a very honorable young man and I am proud of him. He's done some silly things, made a decision or two I would not have agreed with, and even taken some unwarrented risks- but ... he has ALWAYS been respectful & loving and has never forgotten to call me on Mother's Day! I love you Chris. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: