Sunday, November 1, 2009

last night's menu included

Well besides good friends & spooooky music/sounds ...................

I had the time & opportunity to do real cooking yesterday & it reminded
me of how much I like to do it. Plan a menu, set up a fun table & execute
it with a minor amount of stress. (which is down from moderate at the
last time). Our life since moving here has become so laid back that making
a meal has been simplified over time and I hope that I can get back to the
real art of cooking a little more often.

soooo .... we had stuffed mushrooms & bruschetta for appetizers while we
all just sort of caught up & chatted.
Dinner was served around 7pm that included;
1. mixed greens with papaya, avocado & black berries -
drizzled with a pomegranite vinagrette.
2. sweet potatoes au gratin
3. melon jello with crushed pineapple
4. corn bread
5. seasoned cornish hens

after the guys whined a reasonable amount of time we had our harvest crisp ala mode
(apples, golden raisins, cranberries)

eventually .... our guests rooled home & we waddled off
to bed so eating today is not allowed, but so far-
not even missed!

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

yum yum, sounds like a real nice weekend!!!! See ya Saturday