Friday, January 21, 2011

Palm Springs welcomed us with sunshine!

Our drive east to P.S. was smooth sailin' today! The weather was perf, the traffic fairly light, & my companions ..... well, the boys are ALWAYS entertaining! The hills along 166 were carpeted in green and had we not a ways to go ... I would have been stopping here & there for some funky tree pics. Lots of craggly ones as I call 'em. I took most of the pics right thru the window until the sun was hitting my side .... then it was up to Pa to hold on to his hat if I rolled the window down suddenly!


..... after so much rain this year, the lakes & reservoirs were full & gleaming. As we rose to higher elevations, it looked like the sunlight danced across the surfaces. Very kewl.

The Captain and I took a speedy walk a block from the condo to
pick up a bottle of wine to christen the new innards of the unit. Everything is brand spankin' new & looks totally fab!!! Here ..... I am using my "Vanna White" style to show off the glamorous cleaning gloves I picked up (so I can look cute when I clean the bathrooms huh??) and my glass of Riesling that the Captain picked out (it was yummy too)
.
I set up a little "station" for my Project 365 gear & supplies (it was in a the biggest suitcase that we brought on the trip!?!) and already tucked my pictures for today into it!! wooo-hooo ..... I'm bookin it!


No comments: