Sunday, January 16, 2011
TODAY
I was sitting here (on my lanai) ... FINALLY getting to my Christmas edition of Martha Stewart's magazine, and a breeze fluttered thru. I closed my eyes ... because somehow, I feel it more intensely that way (I guess), and I noticed the flow of the water over the rocky fountain up here seemed to change pitch. About that time a gaggle of song sparrows started what sound like an argument in my lemon tree. They paused for a split second and then, I swear, it sounded like a bunch of women cackling. I think one of them told a blonde joke or something and sent them into hysterics! THAT gave me a fly-by thought of what my kitchen sounded like when Kitty & Spikey were in it a while back. And then .... I glanced back down at my magazine, and continued the conversation I was having earlier with myself about how it's much cheaper to look at the December issue AFTER Christmas .... so I don't wanna run out and buy stuff to make my table look like this, or my craft room to look like that. And I am back in the moment. THIS is the way I live my life most of the time now. Doing (mostly) what I want to, when I want to do it. But I have found that I enjoy my day even more if I do a little goal setting the night before. I appreciate my non-scheduled part of the day if I accomplish something productive. I have 2 things on my plate today .... first- I am going to de-weed my serenity garden while it is just a "little here & a little there" and then, I'm going to spend some time in the store room. It can ALWAYS use some sorting. And the Captain was wondering if he still had a book that he's pretty sure his mom would've kept around. So I am on a treasure hunt there. SO .... pile of magazines- here I come .... right after I get to the MEAT of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment