yesterday .... was the anniversary (for lack of a better word) of Mom Betty's passing. I thought about it the day before, I thought about it a few times yesterday .... and a couple of things came up today that reminded me of it once again.
Little Miss Addy, would have had mom wrapped around her little finger- just as she has managed with "papa Bill". And Mom, would have loved her being here. Instead of finding her sitting on pop's lap, I might have ventured downstairs to find the two little ladies applying lotion or a temporary tattoo (yes, mom thought those were cool). She would have found some trinket of jewelry that was safe for Addy to wear and, I'm pretty sure, the 2 of them would have taken a walk together. She was a GREAT mom-in-law, a wonderful grandmother, and would have been treasured (I've no doubt), by my own grandchildren!! I can only imagine these moments ... since mom has been gone longer than Addy has been alive- but I know, I REALLY know ... that she would have been a VERY special person in this little munchkin's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment