Thursday, March 24, 2011

sometimes we ALL have to put our ducks in a row!

We are never too young (or old) to learn to get our ducks in a row!! It's not always easy (particularly when you ARE old) but it can give you strenghth and a sense of accomplishment!
Or, In Addyson's case here ... entertainment. (and for me- a picture opportunity) You might ALSO notice that amongst the ducks is a solitary fish (Nemo) and as life goes ... I find that quite appropriate. Sometimes, we feel a bit out of place, out of sorts, or out of our safety zone. It can be in small ways as a daily thing, and other times .... as a momentous occurance that we have difficulty dealing with. In these instances, I fall back to my old Dr Phil mode of thinking .... that if I can't do anything about a circumstance, or a decision that's been made- I CAN do something about the way I react to it! I can choose to worry, or fuss, or complain .... or I can
accept the fact that it's one thing I cannot change- and deal with it in the most gracious, professional, or optimistic way possible.
.

These are things I have learned with age. I don't always apply them immediately- but at some point I DO realize that my energy can be put to better use.
.
AND THIS WEEK, I have been using some of it's psychological benefits with my adorable grand daughter! (at times, she is smarter than a 5th grader!!)