this thought came to mind early this morning when I saw that my amaryllis had bloomed "out" of it's environment. (much like I wish I could do at times!!!)
I am elaborating more in my 365 for today- but once the subject occurred to me- I kept re-applying it without effort.
In regards to my beautimous flower here ....
WEEKS ago, I noticed it popping out of the ground behind a huge calalily. I have been given 3-4 of these plants (during the holidays) over the past few years and each time, I put the pot outside or tapped the bulb into the ground just for the heck of it. Most of them have continued to sprout leaves, but this is the first to produce a bloom! How exciting it was to see it form ... and grow .... then see a teeny bit of red peek out the top ... BUT THEN I found it hanging by threads of green & nearly decapitated :o( It's in a spot that shouldn't get disturbed, but somehow .... ANYWAY, I snipped off the "noose" and brought the wanna-be bud into the house & you can see the result 10 days later! woo hoo
...
There are times when we're aware of a chain of events that bring us to a better place (the 'everything happens for a reason' concept) ... but I think, more often than not, we arrive at the plus side of the score board far more often than we give credit for. Each of our days are filled with "wins" that we might not appreciate fully.
Think about it today!
No comments:
Post a Comment