Yesterday, we began settling back into our not-so-normal routine, just as a cold was doing so inside my head & sinuses. . . . . . .
We returned the princess of pestiness to her lair yesterday, just in time to wrestle her brother to the ground in order to hug him- before he headed out to school. At 3 years old (almost 4 she reminds me), 5 days away from mom & dad seems to be her limit .... and by then, my energy tank was in the yellow zone, since the majority of our time was spent indoors due to rain. BUT, as much as I enjoy the peace & quiet we're used to, I must admit, I enjoy her curiosity over the littlest of everyday things. She most certainly keeps my brain engaged with her questions & slippery grasp of linguistics.
As for the "bug" that has arrived in her place - I'm thankful it didn't hit a week ago, & sleep seems to be my best friend at the moment. The Captain, on the other hand, figures the shot of rum he just gargled with will avoid any germs from heading his way.
AT ANY RATE .... each of us are handling the lack of chatter, snack requests on the hour, non-animated TV, and excited pace of daylight in our own way, and we will somehow manage it.
1 comment:
Love the picture one of the best you have taken
Post a Comment