Saturday, March 26, 2011

he's .... argh ... gulp ... how old?

A lot of noise is made about the "image" that best sells a product.
Products that could be anything from butter, to underwear, to movies. I'd bet that we all add to that "noise" at times .... disgusted by the use of sex to sell, or outraged that our kid isn't cute enough. But the bottom line .... in all fairness to advertising .... is that, with few exceptions- we prefer to look at "pretty" people whilst we are being entertained. If we were constantly faced with what is truly reality, we could just look at real life ... and therefore, it wouldn't be so entertaining to us!
All of this comes to mind because another of the beautiful people has recently died, and I am reminded of the mortality of .... well, .... me. Many of the celebrities that have past are near the age of my parents & in-laws (1/2 of which are gone as well) ... and I wonder, how will I feel when well known people of my age begin to die? What thoughts will I have if I hear that Oprah, or Kim Basinger, Walter Payton, Ron Howard, or Suze Orman has died of natural causes?? I am mentally, soooo not old and yet .... I am certainly no longer chronologically young.
I want to be young until it's too late.
I don't want to look like I'm trying to be young too long, and I don't want to make a fool of myself by doing things I am (obviously) too old to do. BUT- I do NOT want to get old before my time. I don't want to waste away when I have yet so much to do & see & accomplish.
WITH ALL THIS heavy thinking ... I best get to bed for some more beauty sleep!!!

No comments: