Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just as most of us probably did as children .... the grandkids love to slip their feet into whatever mine have just exited from. When 4 y/o Addyson was here last month ... she was constantly finding a pair of flipflops or mules, or slippers to tuck those sweet little toes into.

THIS PARTICULAR shot was taken upon our return from paddle boarding. She wanted to hang out a little longer with the "capin" before she hit the shower ... & her chubby little feet were getting cold. I pulled the pic to my desktop right after downloading, because it spoke to me. The idea of filling someone's shoes can be daunting at times. For some personalities- a challenge they aspire to, for others- a heighth never reached in their own eyes. I think about my grandkids and I pray they always see me as they do now .... with joy, wonderment & love. When I look at this foto- it is not Addy that I see in my footsteps, but rather the hope that I am filling the shoes of my own mother, and the way my kids felt about her. She was their "granny" and they adored her!

No comments: