and I find that label a compliment .... because I resemble the remark!! Although the marine layer has been thick & wet a couple of days .... our SLOW-TO-DECIDE if they are going to thrive or die- hibiscus bushes are ALL blooming! We started accumulating them 7-8 months ago, & ordered another couple
colors that we weren't finding .... then we decided to have some fence work done & they got pushed aside ... only to find that the earwigs LOVED munching on the leaves and all the small pots were left looking like a "stick garden"!! I trimmed them all back and by the time the fence was completed, they at least had grown some leaves!! I waited nearly a month before planting them ... hoping to get some clue as to which was what color ... and even as they continued to grow .... no buds. A couple of the plants weren't even getting any taller. I was getting a little sad. Finally .... due to the right sweet talking (or perhaps the fertilizer) ... they began showing their real colors you might say. The pink/orange combo flourishes in my serenity garden AND on the lanai ... we were excited to see the color duplicated. Not only the colors you see here- but we have orange, red (2), white, dark pink, & yellow! I love it!
and yes .... I have about 2,000 pictures of flowers on my computer :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment