Saturday, September 3, 2011

today is a "hot" one!

ALL of my days are pretty groovey .... but I still manage some standouts!
TODAY is one of those days. My days can be particularly special for different reasons .... this one is due to the weather (for the most part). I woke to a chilly, heavily marine layered, early morning (the first one in a LONG time); with nothing pressing to do, nothing on a list to accomplish, nothing on my agenda with any measure of importance. That is a little unusual in itself. Though retirement could mean EVERYDAY is a day off .... that's not the case in this household. BUT as I fell asleep last night, I didn't mentally plan anything for today. (woo hoo). SO, with this time yet unspent .... I pulled a recliner up to the fireplace, flipped it on, brewed a white chocolate latte, grabbed my IPAD & a birthday card to add a note to, and .... settled in :o) Low & behold- a few minutes later, a spinach/mushroom/tomato omelet was placed on a tray next to me and my cacooning continued. Now .... I have "re" located into my craft room with a harvest-cinnamon scented melting tart & some candles to shed a glow into the room .... adding to the warm, creative ambiance I feel here. An oversize sweatshirt, fuzzy slippers, purring cat upon my lap completes the Norman Rockwell-esque picture in my mind that matches my mood! It's my life .... and it's a good one!

No comments: