I admit it ... I do some less than orthodox things, uh, routinely. But then, so what?
One of them .... ?
Well, right now I 'm sitting on my 55 degree lanai, coffee in hand, all blanky'd up (thank you Shar & Jay), with the heater toasting over my shoulder. Yes, I could just go in the house & need nothing more than a light sweatshirt- but what would be the "me-ness" of that? THIS ... is ... me.
Last night, I was up slightly longer than the fellas and I was loving the stillness of the dark, and the marine layer closing in tight around us, but I was so tired- I had to pack it up & go to bed. I felt almost depressed over giving up one of those nights when my environment beckons me to keep it company until the wee hours of the morning. What if a quiet, fog shrouded night doesn't come again when I'm feeling creative??
But I know it will.
I've been working (finally) on the "adventure" book from our 2010 trip East with Pa. Oddly, when I decided to tackle it- I didn't like 90% of what I had already put together! But I find now, there are NOT enough hours in the day when I can really focus on it with vengeance. I get into my design studio (ohh-la-la) and I get distracted with cleaning, or sorting, or taking care of real business .... and then my mind makes it's shift to THE PROJECT. Problem is- it's often an hour before dinner! Stop, start again, stop .... watching movie .... thinking of another picture to add, stop, get everyone off to bed, stop .... think, think ... and if it kicks in again SERIOUSLY enough, I just go at it (with it) until I can't think or stand straight! Some people might not understand this. (LouLou would!) I r-e-a-l-l-y would like to get 'er done before leaving on vaca ... I KNOW I won't be feeling the vibe when I get back. I will be in another world for a couple of months. (fall) And I have a FoxTales book to start too!!
So, as the noises of a typical Tuesday morning commute begin to chip away at my solice, the coffee in my London cup cools, & my mental clock reminds me of chores yet to be completed, I shall give up my front row seat to The world of D, and get on with my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment