Tuesday, October 27, 2009

well maybe I will just toot my own horn a little ..

PLEASE take this in the manner in which it is meant.
I am not known to be egotistical, arrogant, or even over
confident. But, as a manner of venting some frustrations ....
I do hope you will understand where I am coming from.
(and maybe even identify with it).
OBVIOUSLY, I have just returned to work after a month
off (ahhh). And using the word w-o-r-k was totally
appropriate. Partly because, I go to the office to do my
job & it is work. BUT ALSO partly because while I was
away-some of my job was not done as well as I do it-
by those who covered for me. And trust me, it's not
because they were not qualified!! Knowing the game
plan, I wasn't shocked (or even surprised) but I still
find it unfortunate that people are not considerate
(or ethical) enough to do a job right when they have
the ability to do so. I have NEVER been a lazy worker.
I have always given more than what I thought was
probably expected of me and I am pretty sure that
whenever I have covered someone else's responsibilities ....
I have done so competantly & respectfully. So my venting
here is because it is such a pain in the butt when
someone is doing your job who doesn't really do it.
When it's obvious that there was plenty of time- but
not adequate effort. ALL THIS BEING SAID .... I am over
it (mostly) .... until the next shoe drops. AND LET ME
ADD here for those who covered a different part of my
job and did a groovey job of it ....... don't put this shoe on,
since it will NOT fit.

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

I learned a long time ago that the general working population only does the bare minimum to get by. They dont care what is right or wrong. And they dont care that you have to do it when you get back. And our work ethic is not appreciated, and its sad as it should be the norm. Sad but true