about a week ago ... I had an amazing, & difficult to describe experience. It has taken me until today to feel like I can write about it without the emotion that I have experienced as I tried (unsuccessfully) to explain it to the Captain or even sort it out in my own mind.
I was driving my usual route to Cambria & it was a gray, cloudy day. A shower here a drizzle there. Even a wee bit of sunshine ever so briefly. As I drew nearer to my destination I thought I saw some color in the low clouds ahead but I didn't give it much thought. I was listening to Rosie Radio (as I usually do at this time each work day) .... & just rolling along. THEN ... I noticed the color again but it was a little brighter this time. As I "seemed" to get closer to it, it looked almost like a rainbow arc in the cloud or against the white of it. And still, it was getting brighter and I truly thought I was getting closer to it. The arc reached all the way to the ground and a moment later, I was driving right through it. At that instant I felt a wave of happiness & joy & warmth and I had the conscious thought that it was mom. At that very moment, at that particular time, for those split seconds it took me to pass through the colors .... she was with me. And she said "hi, have a good day". And I did.
Now the Captain has assured me that, scientifically, I could not have actually passed through the rainbow. something about angles, refractions, illusions, dividing frequencies of color, mirage affect sorta mumbo jumbo voodoo crap. BUT I KNOW what it looked like & felt like and I am going to believe that I am special enough to have been the exception!! I know the "glow" I felt for the entire day (and the smile it put on my face then and now as I think about it). Sure, science disputes it, but SOME THINGS cannot be explained. And, let me assure you ..... I do NOT do drugs or smoke funny cigarettes !!!
1 comment:
Well if it made you feel better then thats all that matters.
Post a Comment