my bud Jules & I were discussing the meyers-briggs personality testing yesterday and it prompted me to look & see if I had any of that "stuff" in my OLD "should-have-been-thrown-away-already previous employer folder(s).
The first time I took the test, I remember thinking how boring I must be because my scoring was so close to even in all the catagories. (introvert, sensing, feeling, judging) Years later, but yet many years ago I took it again and fell more heavily toward feeling & judging. Looking over the information (and sample testing on the internet), I feel I am now heavy on the judging, followed faaaar behind is feeling and EVEN further is introvert & sensing. Of course now that I put all this in black & white .... I'm not sure what all that means. No matter what test you take- I FEEL there is still a certain amount of subjectiveness involved and I am pretty sure there would be different answers days or weeks later depending on life's circumstances. No matter how "logical" a person is, our experiences (good & bad) HAVE TO have some effect on our decisions at times! (or I don't think I want to know you!) ..... I am introverted at times BY CHOICE. I sense things routinely but don't act on them easily. I feel things deeply but have found that giving in to the vulnerability that comes with acting solely on feelings- puts me in situations I now choose not to be in. SO- if being heavy in the J catagory ... means that I more commonly make decisions based on what has worked in the past & it's ripple affects- seeing the big picture. .... I'm OK with that. ANYWAY- that's the way I see it :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment