Monday, March 29, 2010

hey ... I make a pretty good housewife ....

There was a time .... moons ago, when all the house chores we done by me. In fact there was a time when the house chores AND THE yard chores were mine as well. (it avoided nagging at the time). But when the Captain & I first moved in together, I wasn't working so OF COURSE I did the household chores because that was my job. By the time I started working, the Captain had taken over the dish duty (his choice). Eventually (after a move) we were in a small'ish place and with 2 full grown adults, there really wasn't much to keeping up with the chores. When we moved here (twice the size+), the Captain was gone so much of the time for work (til Dec 2009) that it was easy to keep things under control with minimal effort. Still isn't for the most part. BUT then again ... "the boys" don't always see everything that's dirty or cluttered. That's where I come in. (not often enough, but eventually). Between yesterday & today the hard woods got scrubbed & shined. It was a LOT of work (my wrists & shoulders can attest to that) but it does look good and I feel accomplished ! During that same time, I tackled the laundry, vacuuming, scrubbed a couple of outside door mats & did a tiny bit of spring cleaning. :o) I'm feeling pretty good about it all!! I celebrated with a half glass of Rhinehaussen. plusssssssss .... still on telephone standby for jury duty at this point- so I can make regular wages tomorrow (yay)

No comments: