Monday, April 26, 2010

bird frenzy weather watch!

the birds were out at our feeders in full force today. Probably because there was fresh feed put out late yesterday & the "chirp" was spread. Or maybe because some storms are planned for Tues & Weds & they wanted to get their fill!
whatever the reason, it was good to see & hear them all day long. I hung some chimes out in their feeding grounds yesterday & was concerned they might be bothered- but not a problem. The seed sock here is actually suctioned to the window. It took 4-5 days for them to start using it routinely (cuz the cats sit at the window & I am passing back & forth while scrappin), but this bright yellow finch says it's good fixins! The purple finch & house finch was also enjoying the feast. The 3 of them hung on the sack for quite a while together. They seemed to eat so much, I'm surprised they could fly afterward!!


No comments: