not everybody would readily know this .... but anyone who has "roomed" with me before may recognize what I describe here without having realized it before. I "settle in" to where ever I am staying while away from home ... beit for 2 days or 2 weeks ..... and I do it within hours of arrival. unpack, hang, sort. before a meal or sightseeing or anything. It also includes adding pillows to the bed, moving furniture a bit so it's more functional, etc. SO, I sit here- relaxed & comfortable with my chair pulled toward the end table & facing the TV (dont' know what's on .... doesn't matter, since I am using it only for noise), with a pillow on the coffee table to rest my legs & feet upon. They are covered with a blanket, because I have the door to the balcony open to hear the water fountain in the courtyard below (and it's only 54 degrees outside) ..... and I am .... "perfectly content" at this moment. I often am. And I know how lucky I am to feel that way at all, much less, often!! Yes, even without my kitty kats, espresso machine & scrapbook toys- I am content.
The Captain is off to his first set of meetings & when the sun finally peeks out of the clouds, I will be off to my own meeting- between the sidewalk & the soles of my shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment