Monday, September 20, 2010

the ankle bone's connected to the apple tree (read on)

Seriously .... one thing connects to another if you give it enough degrees of separation. MAYBE others have grasped this concept but on the occassion I think about it, it amazes me still.

I was thinking about my sister Sow (Lindy) and the text I got yesterday telling me the sunglasses I sent her were perfect. She used to be with law enforcement. The Captain & I attended a dinner last night for the volunteer law enforcement patrol we're part of. There's a gal in the program who reminds me of my friend LuLu. I don't get to see LuLu as often as I like, but when we do get together ... our conversation starts as if we saw each other yesterday. Yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my neighbor & adorable friend Julie who has captured a huge part of my heart & trust since we've lived here. Living here has been paradise for us, but not so much for the gals who were living across the street. One of them passed away nearly a year ago and this "paradise" has been a constant reminder for her of what she lost. We did some chores at the house help her out, since she moved back to Fresno- I used to live in Fresno. It was hot (a LOT) & tough on my garden. Our neighbor has a patio set she doesn't want so I asked if I could put it in my serenity garden. My serenity garden has developed from a passing comment to my hubby. Just saying the word serenity brings me visions of Hawaii where the Captain & I met when I went there with my sister Cindy. Cindy is in Greece at this very moment for a scrapbooking retreat. Scrapbooking is a therapudic outlet for me & I have LOTS of supplies. I needed storage for my supplies so my son built me a project table & cabinets where I can play & create & relax. Relaxing is going to be even easier in just a few days, since this is my last week of "organized" work. There are things to do around home that's sort of like work but there is no clock to punch. I just got 4 new punches to use for card making & such. They were less than half price! The price of car rentals in Hawaii this year has jumped so we are renting something a little smaller this time. I WISH I was a little smaller .... but at the very least, I am concentrating on eating healthier. Being healthier is something we are helping pops with. I like helping people. I've been doing it in one form or another for over half my life. I'd like to believe that I have only lived about half my life so far because I am having a really good time! Having a good time brings all sorts of different pictures to my mind. I love taking pictures. Sometimes I get a picture that says everything without words. A story in silence. I enjoy the silence & solitude of being on my computer when everyone else in the house is asleep. A restful sleep is easy when I am in my own bed with my fluffy pillow. My sister Lisa calls herself fluffy. She just had back surgery. I'm gonna need surgery on my wrist one of these days. It's beginning to change how I do my work & activities. But I'm thankful it hasn't changed things as much as an injury did for my sister, Sow .... speaking of Sow ( & we've come full circle).... see what I mean?

No comments: