Wednesday, September 22, 2010

how long with this "last", last?

I made myself a cilantro, tomato, mushroom, green onion, cheddar scramble this morning- using the last of the eggs. It was accompanied by a biscuit made from the last of the mix. On it, I put the last of the pumpkin spice butter. I cut up the last necterine in the fridge & added it to my plate, finished off the last of the coconut creamer in my coffee & pulled the last clean fork from the drawer to eat with. I settled myself at the dining room table with my last issue of SELF magazine .... and somehow, my mind wandered into the last conversation I was having at this table. Suddenly .... it came to me how many times the word "last" has come to mind in just the last 10 minutes!! (?) Being keenly aware of it reminded me that tomorrow is my last day at work. That is the plan. Until I go to the grocery store or the mailbox, or the dishwasher, or life changes in some way ..... that changes "things". So, sometimes the last is really not the last. Sometimes we know & understand that. Sometimes life throws us a curve. Sometimes .....

No comments: