Saturday, September 18, 2010

being soooo lucky can be unsettling too ...

I blog here - as I partake of my leisurely breakfast of a florentine'ish scramble, cinnamon raisin english muffin & sliced strawberries ... accompanied by my newly discovered pumpkin spice syrup flavored, self made latte - surrounded by an aroma much the same, from the candles burning in the room, having come off an afternoon/evening with the hilarious & compassionate Spiker chick. While chatting on the side with my first born, windows open wide to the filtered light coming thru the marine layer that is present this morning, & kept company not only by my own thoughts- but the rhythmic breathing of my puddy tat (Monkey). And wondering .....






how much of this is luck? How much of what I enjoy or am privy to is due to timing, hard work, previous hard luck, destiny, or .... karma??
ARE MY planet aligned?
DO I have the feng shu thing going on? Positive chi perhaps? Did I make the right wish on a passing hay truck or on the first star I saw at night? Was the rainbow I witnessed special or was it the heads up penny I put in my shoe? Is there really something to the shooting star I caught sight of, or the triple 8's that seemed to follow me for a time? OR-
I suppose what I am really wondering ..... how long does it last when it is due to luck (spiritual or otherwise)? Does the universe sometime reward us ... but then leave it to us to nurture, appreciate, or pass it on to keep it going? I know (personally) that bad things happen to good people. SO -


at this moment, I look out upon the serenity garden we are creating and hope it will "please the Gods" (so-to-speak) and perpetuate our joyful life.
It is shaping up nicely. As we move thru it's phases, we develop new ideas about it. The bench in the picture is storage for the bird feeders and will be place outside the "garden" setting with a chair or bench of more rustic looking in it's stead. The plants have yet to be placed IN the ground, til we know for sure where we want them. The Captain is experimenting with the amount of water the dripper system needs to flow into my fountain/bird bath and we are supporting our local hardware store on a regular basis!!
LIFE IS GOOD and I'm aware & appreciative of all I have.

No comments: