Saturday, March 12, 2011

transitional men, jobs, lifetimes

It is my opinion (and afterall, this is MY blog) .... that we likely have transitional this' & thats' on a regular basis. How or why someone decided there was one in particular, I do not know- nor do I agree.
BUT .......
If we are lucky (and less than blonde), there are particular "transitions" that change our course to (finally) head to our personal true north. That's what I think happens for most of us. Somewhere along the road, we take a wrong turn. Perhaps because we have accepted direction from another, rather than using our own inner compass. Or maybe we see a smoother road and instead of following our mental map .... we chooser that so-called greener pasture. (only to find manure on our shoes along the way).
I believe that, as children, we are often advised or taught by those who see in black & white. In doing so- it conditions us to make a 180 degree about face when we make a mistake, which, in itself, is often another. It is when we learn (perhaps on our own) that life is generally in shades of gray, that we begin to accept without judging. We agree to disagree. We allow victory, without acknowledgement of defeat. We really begin .... to change our lives. Rarely is there only 1 true and singular answer. That there is almost always a but, or what if, or unless ..... and within these shades of gray we grow wiser, fuller, & more compassionate.
and why, you ask, is this the subject of my post?
I don't know.
A thought passed thru my brain & I reached up and grabbed it.
Sorry 'bout that!

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

your thoughts why random at times are always interesting