Sunday, December 20, 2009

don't cry little Addy

That bottom lip pops out and I see a little tear tumble from the corner of her eye. Before the sound catches up, I lean into her chubby little cheek and tell her gramma will see her soon. In an attempt to distract her, I ask if she & mommy are going home to make some cookies and will she save one for me? She nods meekly and touches me with her little pink hand. Then her lips perse together & start to quiver & I can see she remembers I am leaving with her big brother. I am not sure if it is me she wants or that she doesn't want her brother to leave without her. They are pretty close. She has spent the hour before either on my lap or right at my side .... chattering & smiling. Her huge brown eyes pull you into her world and you just want to hug her forever. Sweet little Addy. gramma loves you!

No comments: