Sunday, January 17, 2010

have I told you lately ....

Have I mentioned lately how much "the boys" spoil me?
I tell ya- there is REAL VALUE to being the only female in the household. (Little Kitty notwithstanding). Flowers for no reason. A dinner out just at the mention. gourmet coffee. extra hugs. more help with chores than the average bear. My being "the princess" is evident in our household. I notice & I appreciate it and (shamelessly) I love it! Thanks guys

The guys have recently been discussing my potentual retirement. Prompted by some goings on at the workplace, they are (as usual) putting my happiness first. And while the idea of it sounds inviting- I don't think the household is ready for it financially and ... with my subsequent cut back of work days- the I want to accomplish a couple of goals before putting the subject on the table seriously. Leaving my job is not something I take lightly, as there are people I REALLY care about that would be affected (including patients) and that is only part of what makes me a good employee (valued or not- I still want to be proud of the job I do). SO- knowing the "opportunity" is available, will allow me to give careful thought & attention to the idea, while pursuing what I KNOW I want to get done in the mean time. AND ONCE AGAIN...... thanks boys!!

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

Okay, email me the "in between the lines story" Love ya whatever you do!!