Thursday, March 25, 2010
you CAN teach an old cat NEW tricks !
dogs? yeah, I like 'em .... but they smell sometimes. they have bad breath. they chew on things. they dig holes. they stick their noses in embarassing places. as far as teaching an old one a new trick- can't say that I have any experience with that. (although the Captain & I joke about him learning new things routinely) BUT- when it comes to cats .... that's like a whole other breed of animal (well, duh) They ARE smarter than dogs ..... afterall, they know that by doing one itty, bitty trick- their owner is sooooo impressed, why use up their energy with another?! they know that simply laying on your lap will bring such a smile to your face that doing another trick really isn't necessary. they know that using a cat box means you (and they) don't have to go out into the heat or cold for either of you! they know that doing something silly or funny will get lots of attention. As for being creatures of habit?!? that may very well be true but, those habits are ever changing. They are like kids in this way .... just when you say he/she "always" does such-n-such ..... they change.
Poki is now about 8 years old and he is STILL forming new habits (albeit not as often) his food preferences, his sleeping preferences, his toy preferences .... still changing from time to time. I find that he is somewhat on cycles- he tends to keep a pattern for about 3 months or so. AND so far- I see only 3 things he has NEVER waivered on .... his love of back massages (long & deep), his regular chase events with little kitty (aka Monkey), and his fear of the doorbell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GOTTA ♥ THOSE KIITTYS
Post a Comment