Friday, July 13, 2012

bed rest for the weary

with Dad's travel plans in full swing, we decided that perhaps he would be needing sleeping accomodations- in case the trip takes a little longer than anticipated.  THIS BEING a destination he's never been to - we're not sure if it's a long one, or includeds a layover.  We made the arrangements ourselves- but in plenty of time to cancel  if he objected.  He didn't say much, but once all was said & done, he was quite comfy & a little more relaxed.  We're getting the impression that the Capt & I may actually be "stewarding" for the journey ... so we are learning what we can before take off, so as not to panic (as much). 
& making some sleeping arrangements of his own, was our grandson Anthony.  It would appear that he can snooze just about any ole place ... if he stops long enough!  Just seconds before this, I hollered out "hey punkin', are you falling asleep out there?"  (I was working on dinner)  "NO!" he replied, "I'm just listening to the birds" .... hmmm, I'm not gonna fall for that line again!

No comments: