Monday, July 16, 2012
things THEY did today ....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I have little doubt about some of your activities for the day ... in celebration of a birthday that you are sharing with your hubby. You were the first one to rise & probably had a few games of solitaire under your belt before he got up. Over breakfast there was some laughter, perhaps some chiding of how much butter dad was using on his toast... then you gathered up your iced tea & sweatshirts- to head off to the nearby Indian Casino for much of the day. You are doing the driving (you little speed demon), and I'll bet the passenger dozed off for a few minutes! Those KENO machines will get quite a workout & at the very least, you will break even ... but chances are ... being your birthday and all .... you'll win a little sumpin, sumpin. Arriving home, you will watch the news, Jeopardy, & the Wheel ... then head off to bed, where dad will follow a short time later (after he's had a small dish of ice cream), and you'll decide that it was a pretty good way to spend your birthday. I agree ... except that I would have liked to call you at 5am today, as I often did ... for my musical greeting :o) I love & miss you mom- but envy you for the great company you're keeping. If someone brought over a birthday cake ... I hope you saved a piece for Bill ... he loves the corner piece with lots of extra frosting, just in case Betty didn't tell you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment