Monday, August 13, 2012
and with each day ... change continues (if we let it)
just a few days ago ... the Captain & I were in the final stages of getting the house in order to host some of the guests attending Pa's memorial. Time was running out, our frustration running high because of paperwork & timing & questions with lack of answers, but .... it just seemed so pointless to let it drag us down- when we had a couple of little people with us that needed our attention far more than the house did. And so, we made our way to the beach. All it took was some sand & water (and a bucket & shovel) to bring them to giggles & squeals. For me- it took a bit longer before I stopped fixating on what was left to be done at home. Then I saw a whale in the cool blue waters before me. And another, and again. Dolphins, diving pelicans, squawking pelicans, frisky dogs, and a sandcastle. Before I realized it, I was breathing slower & feeling relaxed for the first time in what seemed like forever (although I do know it was FAR LESS time than that!) The magazines I brought still sat untouched. The notepaper I was going to make a list on was still blank. The grandkids were calling out to me. And I pulled in a long, salty dose of air ... and went to play. I am reminding myself tonight, as I glance around to see things needing some TLC - that there are more important things than shiney floors & orderly closets- & that being said, I'm gonna snuggle with my hubby while I read my kindle tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment