Thursday, July 23, 2009

back in the saddle again (I hope)

bummer dude .... it is such a drag that I live with a guy that eats pretty much any thing (and often LOTS of it) and it doesn't "attach itself" to him in the form of cellulite, ripples, or rolls. Admittedly, he has a wee bit of a muffin top that didn't use to exist, but he's active & physically fit & has waaaaay too much energy! (and he's a cutie pie too) Top that with 85 yr old Pa- who eats whatever, whenever and - let's face it ..... at this stage of his life .... he has earned the right to do so and not worry about where it is going to land (providing he gets enough nutrition!!!) So the Captain has his cookie(s) each day, some ice cream 2-3 times a week, twice the normal serving size for most things, nothing marked fat free & rarely even low fat (cept for his 1/2 gal a day milk habit) ..... and Pops with a brownie at breakfast and a few snicker mini bars each day. WHAT's a fluffy girl to do under these circumstances???!!
Well, in this case, I am hiking myself back into that saddle of a few months ago that will result in a wk or so of feeling hungry and like I am craving all those "bad" things 10 times a day! THEN it gets easier. I am not a waif- never have been. Never will be. Don't even wanna be. Just want to be less self conscious (and live longer & healthier) So, raise a liter of water and wish me luck.

No comments: