Friday, July 24, 2009

REAL MEN take pain medication

or risk looking like a sissy at some point!!
I know someone who had a minor surgery yesterday. MIND YOU, using the word "minor" simply means it was an outpatient procedure done at a surgery center vs a hospital. An O.R. by any other name, still smells of the same anticeptic and more importantly, still brings pain & discomfort. (except to your insurance carrier). but I digress .......
"I feel great" (yeah, just wait)
"The Dr said I can get up & move around as I want" (uh huh)
"It isn't near as bad as they described it would be" (you'll eat those words tomorrow pardner)
"no, Tylenol will be enough" (you wish)
as these words are being muttered .... he may as well have been puffing out his chest & beating it with his fists! While I did hope he was right, I suggested resting & TAKING THE PAIN MEDS routinely for a day or two (more than once) And in the middle of the night reality set in (big time) This REAL man is NOW on the meds (happily) ahhhhh .... the peace & quiet of slumber.

No comments: